Saturday 23 May 2015

Saturday.


In yesterday's blog entry, I mentioned that we'd bought fruit and vegetables from the Market.  This evening for supper we had  the asparagus and a poached egg on toast, followed  by some of  yesterday's fruit. I then thought of another blog entry, so hastily rearranged what was left of the fruit, photographed it, and here are the photographic results (which I should have thought of earlier).  All the fruit photographed we bought from Highdale Market.
Ann made the flower arrangement of flowers from our garden, mainly aquilegia.


                                         Goodnight All.

10 comments:

Z said...

Asparagus is a superb alternative to soldiers - though you had toast, so maybe you didn't dip!

Local fruit and veg is the best, isn't it? I love to eat seasonally.

Unknown said...

Just checked with Ann, and neither of us has ever used asparagus as a soldier in a dippy egg. Must try it sometime soon. Hasn't the local asparagus been good this year?

Z said...

It works, I promise. Yes, wonderful asparagus this year. I sometimes eat a whole bunch at a sitting.

Crowbard said...

You remind me of Dizzy Withers, Mike (not the equine problem Lori, but a class-mate of Mike's) He was a 'good-egg' and dippy enough to put up with the rest of Mike's class.

Unknown said...

Good Morning Crowbard. Not 'was'. but 'is'. He is one of the very few old schoolmates I stay in touch with, and he is still a decidedly good egg.

Crowbard said...

I stand (well I'm sitting at present) corrected and am exceedingly glad to be so. Kindly convey my salutations when next you confer with him.

Unknown said...

Hello Crowbard. I will pass on your good wishes to Dizzy when next in touch. I know he will be pleased to hear from you, and will be reassured to learn that he is, as far a s I know, still above ground.

Lori Skoog said...

You are such an artist!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Lori.

Pat said...

Beautiful collection.