Thursday 20 June 2013

Thursday.


Above - Ferdinand Pichard, a 'striped' rose, with a superb scent - very similar to the old  Rosa Mundi.


Above rose - Mme Isaac Pereire - flat face, pink, well scented.




Above roses known to the botanists in this household - Ann and meself, as the pale pink 'un, the white one and the red rambler.

Having problems with putting photos on blog again. Lost some of the best ones of roses, I'm afraid. Waiting for the engineer to get in touch (left a message on his 'phone).  'Gimp' is  in a midway condition between having a brainstorm and open rebellion. So I'm afraid pictures may be in short supply on this blog, until Neil (our engineer) sorts it out.

8 comments:

Rog said...

I never coped with 'The Gimp' and objected to such a stupid name for software. The Windows Live photo editor does more than enough correction for most purposes I've found

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip Rog.

Pat said...

I still have problems with pictures and dialogue; as soon as I solve it - it returns in a different guise.
Your roses are heavenly - wish I cod smell 'em.

Unknown said...

Hello Pat. I think I'm going to take Rog's tip and try and put pictures up direct from the 'my pictures' folder.
Which leaves me with the problem of how to crop them. Any more tips Rog?

Rog said...

If you have Windows 7 have a read of this page. There is a different version for Vista or XP.

Unknown said...

Hello Rog. That was quick service. Many thanks.

Unknown said...

Rog -I don't have windows 7, but windows XP. I am looking into them though.

Unknown said...

Must just report that yesterday evening Ruth (our 'Swedish' daughter 'phoned and talked me through the Gimp problem. So that I'm able, once again, to put up photos regularly.
'Rah' for Ruth, I say.