Saturday 16 February 2013

Saturday.


 Last Sunday Ann decided to make a Queen's pudding. Hasn't made one for eighteen months or so; But she seems to have set a trend for them, as I've just been reading on Z's blog entry for today that she made one last night.  Z. says, and I quite agree with her, that it's a very English pudding, and is delicious. The top photo  is of my portion of pudding, and I took the second photo when I'd finished demolishing the subject of the first photo, by which time (as Ann wishes me to point out) the meringue top of the pudding had sunk a good deal.


The below two photographs were taken on Wednesday. The one immediately below is of Lavenham High Street, looking South towards Sudbury.


The below picture of a thatched farmhouse was taken somewhere in the back lanes a few miles west of Bury St. Edmund's.  We're in the middle of a pleasantly busy weekend, of which I'll probably post more details later.


4 comments:

Z said...

I can't remember what put it into my mind, but I'd been wondering what pudding to make, I heard it mentioned and it seemed just the thing. I make one fairly regularly (that is, maybe two or three times a year) because we all like them and you can do much of it in advance.

Rog said...

I last had Queen O' Puddings in 1972. Mrs Rine is now checking a Mary Berry recipe for a new attempt. It looks lovely!

Nea said...

Sunk or not, it still looks good from here.

Unknown said...

Hello Z. It was, as you say, just the thing.
Hello Rog and Nea - it lived up to it's appearance, thank you.