Saturday 24 November 2012

Sunday 1.


The series of untitled posts I put up yesterday (with the assistance of daughter Ruth, who has managed to sort out the problems I was having with illustrating this blog) were all experimental. The one below was taken in Ruth's town in Sweden. The snapshot above is of the set of shelves in our kitchen/diner. The two plates on the lower shelf are Japanese, I'm told - but  I'm no ceramicist, I'm afraid. All the other pieces of pottery are from Staffordshire - bar one. I wonder if you'd care to guess (or tell me) which one is not Staffordshire?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As no one has attempted to tell me or to guess (you custards!) which is the odd one out, I'd better tell you that the jug in the lower right hand corner of the shelves is not Staffordshire, but Bloor Derby, so was made just over the border in Derbyshire.

Crowbard said...

Phew thanks Mike, I regret my eyes are not as user-friendly as they were and it's a small picture by which to commit to an opinion of its subjects. My guess was completely erroneous, I had a suspicion that the lower left item might have been a small green and white Baleek cream-jug; but since I couldn't tell if the motifs were shamrock leaves or amusingly green elephants I decided to keep schtum rather than even start digging!

Crowbard said...

Phew thanks Mike, I regret my eyes are not as user-friendly as they were and it's a small picture by which to commit to an opinion of its subjects. My guess was completely erroneous, I had a suspicion that the lower left item might have been a small green and white Baleek cream-jug; but since I couldn't tell if the motifs were shamrock leaves or amusingly green elephants I decided to keep schtum rather than even start digging!

Crowbard said...

PS
Blogger made me send this 3 times with some crazy warning about memcache being full and to clear cache and cookies! Clearly it was being deceitful on the first 2 tries as I altered nothing.