Sunday 8 July 2012

Sunday.

This blog entry is going to consist of snapshots taken along our Norwegian Journey. The  photo shown above was taken through the car window and shows another grass roofed  timber farm house (a large one) in Norway.



The above photo shows a stop we made high in the mountains in Norway. Mostly we'd wandered off in different directions whilst Ruth opened their car bonnet to replenish the radiator. Having done so she closed the car's bonnet on BOTH the toggles of her coat, effectually imprisoning herself. Whilst I helped by making various complicated plans for unzipping the coat and assisting her out of it (after I'd finished taking photographs of her embarassing position), Ann quietly climbed into the car, located the bonnet catch, pulled it, and thus released Ruth.



The above interior was taken in Lom Stave Church. The guide here used his discretion and allowed me to use flash. It worked.


The above photo was also taken (this time outside) Lom stave church. It shows an incredibly carved doorway, and led to an amusing little incident. Just after I'd taken this photo and turned away from the church an elderly Japanese lady, who had no English, asked me by signs, if she could take my photograph in the doorway. I smiled and nodded, so she took the photo, then held her camera out so I could see the photo she'd taken, of meself between the two carved grotesque beasts on the doorposts. I then held up three fingers and pointed to the photo  to indicate there were three grotesques in the photo. She thought about this, saw the joke, then burst into peals of thoroughly girlish giggles.   Oh well, I'd  done me bit for international relationships.



Last  photo for the day here. The other evening our good friend Terry Turk upbraided me over the 'phone that she'd not seen a photo of Lasse in all this Nordic Saga. This is probably because Lasse, like most of us chaps, is of a modest and retiring disposition. However,  here is a snapshot in a Norwegian restaurant showing Ruth, Freja, Lasse and Tuva.

Tomorrow (D.V.) I'll resume at Borgund Church.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets her toggles caught. Hooray for Ann:)

Crowbard said...

That's the best photo of Lasse I've seen in years, glad to see him looking so well. Pity Ruthie moved at the wrong moment, she looks as though she's about to take after her Papa and metamorphose into a grotesque beast! Freya appears to have the same impression as I....
or had Ruthie still got her toggles caught in the car and was quivering under the elastic tension of her laces?

Nea said...

Thank you Ann for releasing me, Pat for letting me know I'm not alone and Crowbard for not assuming that I always look like this :)