Friday 16 September 2011

Friday.

You've probably seen notices all over the place warning of the Tour of Britain Bicycle race, starting, I think, on Saturday. Well this morning outside our favourite farm shop we saw a notice advertising bicycles for hire in case any of their customers wish to join in. I think it would be long odds against winning on one of their two hire machines.


Ann bought some parsley at the above farm shop, and this evening turned it into a flower arrangement using our last two sweet peas. Took down the trellis work yesterday up which they'd been growing.

Been a busy day, and bedtime now, so I wish you all a very good night.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Crowbard said...

By Gum Mike, their woodworm must be terribly ferocious... the baskets have completely disappeared!

I think Pootatu has been reading Demotic or Akkadian, she is offering 'glcnhabu' as a v-word - dunno y but it brings Hammurabi to mind, which if I recall my early Amoritish correctly means 'my uncle is a doctor'... with the implied 'for a little baksheesh I will introduce you to him.'

Rog said...

I wondered what had happened to my old Raleigh

Liz said...

Hollow Trees Farm - home of yummy cooked breakfasts!

I'm hungry now.

Unknown said...

Thank you Crowbard.

It's probably been recycled, Rog.

Hello Liz and Steve. We did in fact have a bite of breakfast there, but as I'd had a filling replaced an hour earlier, my chief medical adviser wouldn't allow the usual 'half English brekky' so I had a couple of poached eggs on toast (with the crusts cut off the toast - Oh the shame of it!!!) but Ann gave me half her mushrooms as well, so I survived.

Christopher said...

You were so wise not to try those bikes. Your other fillings (tho' maybe you don't have any?) would have been shaken out and you would have had to make do with the softer parts of your poached eggs.

Crowbards's impressive excursion into Amoritish recalls the French conundrum Mon frère est masseur (My bother is a physio) which sounds exactly the same as Mon frère est ma soeur (My brother is my sister). Ho ho.

Crowbard said...

Your humour is much appreciated Christopher, I will pass it on to mes amies Froggieoise. My apologies for the weakness of my Amoritish jest, so unexpected to find an audience who gets it.
Strange how long-ago stuff comes to mind and two-minutes-ago-stuff disappears completely!