Friday 23 September 2011

Friday 1.

To resume my account of our trip to Kent earlier this week. Having been to Barfreston on Wednesday afternoon, we drove back to Canterbury. After  parking the car in the close, Ann decided that she needed to get her head down for a while (nap or sleep, Lori), and I decided to have a last walk round the Cathedral Close and take a few more snapshots - this is an unusual way round for us; normally it's I who nod off whilst Ann is still full of energy. Wandered around the east end of the cathedral and along its south side, snappling away as follows :-





Took the above photo of five guinea fowl pottering about the lawns. As they all had rather an ecclesiastical look to them, they blended in very well with their background. Snapped them from the slype (now there's a good word for scrabble).






Don't quite know how that snap got in here. I took it to get a shot of the City wall (about half of which is still standing) as we were leaving Canterbury late on Thursday morning. I think I'll have to do one more post and photo to complete my account (which I've had to precis a good deal anyway). More in a minute.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: