Saturday 20 August 2011

Saturday 1.

Just been out to breakfast at our favourite farm shop, Hollowtrees at Semer (to give them a buckshee- free Lori- and well deserved bit of advertising). Seemed that everyone we met there was someone we know. Our waitress was the granddaughter of friends, earning a bit during the school hols, and good for her. Then we met our choirmaster. "Hello Michael" says Ann, "Come for breakfast?"
"No" replies Michael, in his usual cheery way (irony) "Birdseed", and gallops off to find some. Then we meet up with a retired choirmaster, finally get to our table, are served, and before we can pick up a fork it's "Hello, you two, how are you ?" from Prim, the lady pictured above, whose long case clock I fixed a year or so ago. I think her full name is Primrose, which rather suits her. We assure Prim that we are both well, then enquire after her and the clock's health - She's well, and it's ticking over nicely- and we eventually are allowed to get on with our breakfast, which is, as usual there, excellent. Should add, in case Steve or Liz read this, that I've stuck to my resolution, and had the half full English breakfast this time, which was plenty. Stopped on way out to purchase some flowers for Milly, with whom we're going to supper this evening. Must close this blog entry and get on with the one I'd meant to write, which is about local churches. Don't go away.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Strawberry said...

the breakfast looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Hello granddaughter. The breakfast was as yummy as it always is there.We didn't go and see the animals this morning, because, as I've said, by the time breakfast was served we'd already seen several of our friends instead.
Love to all - Pa and Granny.

Sir Bruin said...

Just caught up with this particular post, Mike. I believe that I will follow your resolution and go with the half measure in future as well. The smaller bear is hinting that I'm beginning to resemble a beach ball.

BTW, the word verification for my comment is, "messed". Not sure if that's an omen?

Unknown said...

Shouldn't let it get to you, Steve. The ladies feel it's part of their wifely duties to take the occasional sideswipe at the old man's ego.

Crowbard said...

I must confess I find Jude a very dutiful wifey by your definition Mike...
Er - is it alright if I say that dear?
Ouch!

Poor old Pootatu is also feeling got-at, her v-word is 'flact' so I assume she has also received some Flack

Pat said...

Well it certainly saves cooking lunch I should think. The nearest we have got is a gardener's breakfast at our local nursery - at lunch time. Full English - more or less.

Unknown said...

Point is Pat that we were going to eat with friends in the evening, and Ann's reasoning was that that Millie always feeds us well, so if we had a latish, decent fried brekky, then we wouldn't need anything to eat until the evening. Added to that - the garden centre there always sells decently FRESH flowers, so I could buy Millie a bunch and could kill two birds with one stone. Millie got a bunch of cornflowers and...... asters(?) I think.