Saturday 5 February 2011

Saturday.


Took this photo of a vast Tudor (or pre Tudor) barn a fortnight ago when out walking with Ed, Jo, and Darcy. Looking at this one I can quite understand why people want to convert them to homes and live in them; though of all the converted ones we've been shown, we've only seen two that we'd quite like to live in.

Today has been the usual Saturday, spent this morning pottering in the workshop, then after lunch to Scrabble Club for my usual three games. Barbara (our organiser) asked if I'd mind not playing at my usual table, as we have a new lady who is learning the game, and she didn't want her eaten alive by some of our more voracious players. Started out as a three handed game, when someone came in late, so we took a quick average of the three scores, awarded the latecomer the average and dealt her in. The newcomer really was just learning the game, but with a little occasional help aquitted herself quite well. I think she'll make a good player.

Ann walked to meet me out of the scrabble club, so home and a cuppa. Had another go at the Telegraph Prize Crossword. In case Stig of the Dump is reading this, if you've completed the bottom right hand corner, please give me ring as I've still two to do in that area. Swapsies perhaps (?). This week's crossword has been rather easier than the three preceding weeks, so I hope they've changed the previous setter for something human!!!!!!!!! More later perhaps.

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

If I had lots of money, living in a converted barn would make me very happy. The one in the photo is particularly beautiful.

stigofthedump said...

Hi Pa
I have only completed four clues so far so definitely need 'swappsies' !!!
Have had a busy weekend with both younger sprogs playing football on Saturday morning and then having to make our own lunch as F & J in South Africa for a month !
Laundry taking more time than usual as my machine is in bits on the utility room floor, so driving basketfuls of dirty/washed clothes back and forth across the village to F & J's machine !!
Otherwise all is well but need to talk through crossword tonight if possible - will call between chores !
Love to both
Stig
x
ps beautiful photo of sunset.

Crowbard said...

I think the cross-word puzzle was composed by an Irish Setter!
Woof! Woof!

Unknown said...

Just as the Gordon setter is the most thickset, but the brightest, of the setter breed, so,in my opinion, the Irish (or red) setter is easily the thickest of the setter breed, which might explain some of the clues over the last four weeks!
I ought perhaps to stress that I also think that generally the English setter is the best natured, but most bone headed, of the whole canine tribe. I suppose this comment could be banned from bloggery for racism (?); so I must stress something else - that it applies ONLY to dogs - not humans, and is my personal opinion only (of setter dogs).