Wednesday 12 January 2011

Wednesday 2.



Above photo taken yesterday. Handsome old pub on the same road (A140) running north.

Got up early this morning to go to early service, where Ann was deaconing, and I read both lessons. After church spent the rest of the morning in the workshop. Sandwich lunch then we both decided on a ten minute nap. Ann woke me with a cup of tea two hours later; I thanked her kindly, took a sip, and went straight back to sleep for another hour. Just hope I sleep tonight. Still, if I don't I can lie and read (re reading Vanity Fair - lovely stuff). I've been trying to break meself of the nasty, middle aged (well, bit more in my case, but you know what I mean), habit of the afternoon nap, but I went deep below the surface this afternoon. Oh well, nearly bedtime now, so I must go and try to sleep again.Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

If you are going to take a nap...just do it! What's that 10 minute nonsense? I wish I could allow myself to take a snooze during the day. It just doesn't happen! Hope you were able to sleep during the night.

Unknown said...

Good morning Lori. Thank you, I slept for another nine hours last night. Ann is lucky enough to be able to crash out for ten or fifteen minutes during the day, then wake refreshed and carry on.

stigofthedump said...

Lucky devil - I usually manage sleep at my computer at work around 2.00 in the afternoon, which can be embarassing as they are paying me to be there !!
I would love to be able to sleep whenever I felt like it.
Off out tonight to Mike's ex bosses leaving do in the village pub so have to go and titivate (?) myself now - it takes a while these days to titivate, much longer than it used to !
Love Stig x

Nea said...

Sweet dreams!

Pat said...

After our visitors left we were comatose for much of the day.