Saturday 4 December 2010

Saturday 1.


Choir practice this morning in the vestry. About six of us and our Choir Mistress. Despite small number of singers (or just possibly because of ??) it went well. Walked to Church. Weather now thawing, but water on top of hard packed snow made conditions dodgy for walking . Scrabble this afternoon. Went in car in order to give lift to two of our club members. Won first game. Phylis won next two.
For supper (above) had slice of lasagna from freezer (thanks Annie) and to accompany it did a stir fry - this consisted of half a carrot, half a red pepper, half an onion, third of a large mushroom, and some left over boiled potatoes, in olive oil with a sprinkle of mixed herbs- and would have made a good tasty meal on its own (glad of the lasagna for all that). Must clean my boots ready for the morning then I'm off to bed. Good night All.
P.s. While preparing for Choir practice this morning I managed to pull a fairly vital button of me breeches. I was really quite bothered about what to do - then the obvious answer to this dilema struck me :- Of Course ! I must sew it back on again. So I did. Quite surprised meself. Even more surprising is that the button is still in situ.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crowbard said...

I recall your knitting and french knitting were always neater than mine - faster too. I seem to recall we both sewed leather school satchels and the odd button ot two. But Nanna T always did the darning - she showed me how once or twice, but I always pulled the needle too hard and the thread wouldn't stay where it was needed.

Handsom supper by the way. Don't make the meals look too good or Ann will expect you to cook for her when she gets back!

Nea said...

Congratulations on the sewing of the button!
We had stir fry too, along with salmon, rice and a sour cream and roe sauce made by Strawbs. She's going to make breakfast tomorrow too: scrambled eggs and sausages. She won the sausages at the Christmas market.