Friday 17 December 2010

Friday.


Took this photo of Chelsworth Hall and Church about a year ago. The weather was just like today's - bright and very cold. Went to Cafe Church this morning, everyone was very glad to see Ann home again. Sandwich lunch then Ann went off to a committee meeting, and I went upstairs to change into my workshop scruff. Before I had time to change the 'phone went and a friend/customer asked if I would be in for the next half hour as she wanted to call and collect a blunderbuss she is buying her husband for Christmas. That gave me nicely time to make meself (and the workshop) decent before she got here. She'd just been to the town on various errands, so she was glad to stop and natter for a while. The blunderbuss is to be a surprise for her husband, so I suggested that they come and have a coffee with us after Christmas so that I can tell him all about, how it worked, and how to look after it. He has seen and much admired it before, but doesn't yet know that he's getting it for Christmas. I don't quite know why it should be so, but at Christmas, the season of peace and goodwill, I seem to sell a good many guns and swords.
Must knock off now and clean me boots, as we - several choirs and the Salvation Army Band- shall be singing carols in the High Street in the morning. So- Good Night All.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Crowbard said...

I do hope David doesn't read your blog, Mike! or is that a pseudonym to protect the innocent?
In either case I would advise replying, 'Of course it's a pseudonym, dimmest little brother, there is such a thing as professional confidentiality, don't you know.'
LuvBruv.
PS I think Pootatu is a bit startled by all this... she just stuttered 'crobwh'... I've never found her at a loss for words before!

Crowbard said...

Ps. Pootatu confirms that my surmise was correct... her next verification word is 'zookso'
which I take to mean 'Gadzooks, it is just so!'

Crowbard said...

PPSO (post post-script originalis)You could always edit your blog if you don't want all the men called ***** in the world but one to be dissappointed at Christmas.

Crowbard said...

PSPS (Post second Post-Script) You might want to edit my first comment similarly!

Crowbard said...

It is a most curious world when the local arms dealer is singing to collect alms on behalf of the needy.
I recognise that you are a dedicated dealer in the beautifully executed craft-skills of antique armourers. Indeed your antiquarian branch of the trade is proof that it is not the weapons but the holders of them that are dangerous or harmless by choice. The weapons are simply inanimate objects designed for strangely combined human purposes; to be beautiful, elegant, functional and deadly.
Each person has complete responsibility for the outcomes of their own actions. The local grocer is never blamed for providing a murderer with the energy to perform his fatal deeds.

Unknown said...

Hi Crowbard. Thank you for spotting my indiscretion. I am certain that the couple mentioned don't read my blog. Indeed, I have trouble believing that people do read it - well a few maybe, otherwise I'd not be getting comments. Still, you're quite right, and, as you'll have noticed, I've amended it.

Crowbard said...

Hi Mike,
On re-reading my initial comment
I've just realized what Pootatu's first v-word 'crobwh' meant...
It's her abbreviation of 'Crowbard, what are you thinking... questioning your Clan-leaders discretion?'
I also note I mis-spelt dearest as dimmest, great uncle Sigmund would make all kinds of nonsense out of a simple slip like that!