Monday 27 September 2010

Monday 2.


This superb confection was produced by youngest daughter, Elizabeth. Beneath the surface it consisted of thin layers of sponge cake and thick layers of cream. Beggar doctor's orders ! - it was superb. There were eighteen of us present - I think I said that in previous blog- consisting of four of our children, their partners, and children. We all had a slice of cake, and then, at their insistence (but I needed very little persuasion), I finished the last tiny slice of it. Magic!!!!!

Must knock off now and go upstairs. Find meself desparate for a cuppa.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

That is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen...I would have loved it. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lori. It was indeed a smashing cake, and we did it justice!!!!

Nea said...

What! You didn´t save a piece for me :O

It looks, sorry, looked :( fantastic!


Many Happy Returns! And next time, pretty please save me some!

Unknown said...

Nea, I debated long and hard about saving you the last small piece. I must have agonised for all of - oh two or three seconds, before the reflection that cream (of which it was largely composed) would have gone off long before you got within scoffing range - so I ate it (burp!).

stigofthedump said...

it was THE best cake EVER !!!
It was also a great party and thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Happy Birthday Pa AND Grannie Annie !!!

Great pictures of the GOTH Pa !!!

Ruthie, we are all looking forward to seeing you next week, although obviously, we wish the circumstances were different. X