Thursday 24 June 2010

Thursday 2.

 


This picture is just checking Crowbard's suggestion regarding cropping, of 2010.06.21. I think he may be right.
Drove into Ipswich this morning to try and put to rights the strike system of a grandfather clock. The strike is an over-sophisticated, but very elegant, developement of the rack strike, which has far too much that can go wrong with it as the clock ages. Stripped it down, and made two or three ajustments to it. Working well when we left, but not entirely confident that it will remain so. As an old 'clockie' I once knew used to say :- "any clock I fix stays fixed until I'm a mile or so up the road." Had light lunch in Ipswich and did some fairly successful shoe shopping, largely thanks to a delightful young French (from Lille) assistant. I could possibly have resisted her blandishments to buy, but when Ann was assisting the girl to persuade your blogger, he had no chance against the two of them. Choir practice this evening, then we spent half an hour or so stuffing protest leaflets, about the town's traffic problems, through letter boxes. Nearly bedtime now, so I bid you all a very good night.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Crowbard said...

I think that works better for me, Mike - but I wonder if, as when pruning roses, you cut back a bit further than you think needful to get an even better result. I'm now wondering if you shouldn't crop out the whole white door frame and use the pine timber of the glazed door as your 'photo-frame'?
The interior is so interesting it is a pity perhaps to have a distractingly contrasty surround?

Unknown said...

Bootmenders!!!!!!!

Crowbard said...

Your probably right and have already cobbled together the best results for your efforts, Mike!

Wishing you a bountiful harvest from your Juglans Regia (nux Gallica!!!!)