Wednesday 5 May 2010

Wednesday.

 


Photo is of the bride and groom at Saturday's wedding.

One thing I wanted to record of this year. For a good many years past I have been noting the date of arrival of the swallows and swifts. The earliest swallow I have recorded previously has been 5th April, and the latest the 25th April, invariably followed about ten days or so later by the earliest swift. This year I saw my first Swift on the 30th April, followed by my first swallows ( a group of about fifteen of them) on the 3rd of May. This is the first time ever that I have seen a swift before a swallow.
Any explanation of this change of behaviour will be read with interest.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crowbard said...

I believe swallows are more susceptible to volcanic ash than swifts, or possible better informed about closures of British air-space?

Pootatu does not approve of migratory birds...
her v-word if forainbe

Crowbard said...

My word,
That profile photo of Ed is exactly as I remember Dave in his youth and a remarkable demonstration of DNA adoin' wot it orter!