Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tuesday 1.




I seem to remember sayin on blog that last weekend was very hectic. Well, this one just past was even hecticker (I know, I know - more hectic) than the previous one. On Thursday we set of for Wiltshire, making a call on route to one of my better sources of supply (for metalwork anyway) and purchased a load of eighteenth century pewter and 19th century brass. I should perhaps mention that on Wednesday we purchased a Satnav which has a little man inside to tell us where to go. I must admit that whilst learning to use it, I told HIM on a couple of occasions where to go. His name, we have decided, is Noel (it is really 'Know all', but we call him Noel so as not to hurt his feelings), and he really is brilliant at finding his (or rather 'our') way about about for us. We had booked into what turned out to be a very good farmhouse Bed and Breakfast place in Potterne. I'm going to have to precis this a bit. We spent Friday exploring the area, were joined on Saturday by David and Jo (Ann's brother and sister-in-law) and at one p.m. on Saturday went to Ed and Jo's wedding at a village church nearby. Ed is Ann and David's nephew, and my Godson. It was a lovely wedding. The young couple took their vows qietly and seriously (which doesn't always seem to be the case), and otherwise appeared to thoroughly enjoy their day.
The above photo shows our youngest daughter Lizzie, flanked by her partner Danny, and meself, at the wedding reception. More in a min.

No comments: