Wednesday 14 April 2010

Wednesday 2.

 


Been another quite busy day. Ann was 'Deaconing' at early service and I was reading the lesson. Got home at about nine a.m. to find Matt had made the porridge, laid the table and had breakfast ready for us. After breakfast put away the goodies I'd used to illustrate last night's lecture,then pottered in the workshop till noon, when we had an early sandwich lunch. At one p.m. we got in the car and drove over to near Newmarket to attend to the above illustrated long case clock, which had developed an intermittent fault (it had started to stop- if you see what I mean). It is a handsome black laquer clock by Thomas Moore of Ipwich, made about 1745. Over the years I must have dealt with about a dozen clocks by this maker. It took me about thirty seconds to find the problem, and about thirty minutes to fix it. I also showed the owner where to look if it recurrs (which I don't think it will). Pottered home via Claire and Long Melford. Being called for dinner.
More later perhaps.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crowbard said...

Handsome... what a gloriously resplendent piece!