Thursday 4 March 2010

Thursday.

 


Snapshot of a neighbour's vegetable garden with snowdrops. When I say a neighbour, he's 300 yards away just the other side of the river, but I think that qualifies as a neighbour.
Been a hectic week so far. On Tuesday found that where the mains water comes into the house in my undercroft, and via an internal stopcock, the stopcock had sprung a leak and what had been a lovely, dry cellar, now had an area of thoroughly damp floor and carpet. Called plumber out, and he 'fixed' problem with instructions to keep an eye on it, as he wasn't totally confident he'd entirely solved it. Been drying out cellar since then, but on close inspection fear his doubts were probably justified. Will 'phone him in the morning. At the moment it seems to be one %^**!!"&% thing after another, if my lady readers will excuse the expression. Computer still giving problems, feel I'm having to fight it all the way. Still, that particular problem should be solved towards the end of next week - hope so, anyway. Bedtime now, I think, so - Goodnight All.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

Nite old bean. Chin up and stiff upper eh?

When things are at there bleakest and they cannot possibly get any worse....they often do..;-)

Right. Off to catch up with peeps.

Take care

Lori Skoog said...

I sure hope you get rid of your water problem in the basement!

Crowbard said...

I feared you might have to put down a virtual uprising from the computer but never guessed there would be an upwelling from the undercroft. Dashed late Roman plumbing - plumbum platonicum for fifteen hundred years - then goes all weepy on you!

Si vis me flere, dolendum est
primum ipsi tibi....

Unknown said...

Hi, 4Ds. Depressing, but ain't it the truth?
So do I, Lori; and (fingers crossed) I think we've got it licked- not literally.
Hi Carl, yes, in my experience fate always delivers out of a clear blue sky. You make me wish my latin was in better shape. I think it was Taffy Roberts who always insisted that a rough translation of provacatio ad pugnam was sod 'em all. I think, in my case, verbum sapientis satis est is more apt, as verbum (a word) is all that remains, anyway.
Cheers, Mike.

Crowbard said...

Verbum sat sapientis,
Tacitus summeo,
sed quandum loqueribus!

A word indeed satisfies the wise,
I shall compell myself to silence...

... excepting when I can't help but natter!

And I've no idea how ungrammatical my Latin has become over half a century's disuse.

Jude mentioned the other day that bad news comes in threes... (a very Romanesque perspective - but she is usually right)
I would check out the washing machine, the car radiator and the garden hose in view of recent personal and domestic plumbing issues.

Tim Clayton said...

Mike I thought you had gone into hospital to sort out the plumbing !
Hope your latest viruses what is the plural of virus? personal & computer are soon put right. Tim