Tuesday 16 February 2010

Tuesday.

 


Above photo is of a house a mile or so from the moated manor I showed yeserday. This one is in the process of being completely done up. I think it will be a nice home, but the bedrooms will always be a little cramped. Spent most of today in the workshop, but went to a 'pancake party' at 6p.m. it being Shrove Tuesday. It was a bit like an old fashioned 'at home'' with people expected to drop in anytime between 6p.m. and nine p.m. Our host was hard at it making pancakes, his granddaughter gave us a plate and a glass as we went in, he'd deposit a newly made pancake on your plate, then you'd wander into the dining room and help yourself to a savoury or sweet filling for the pancake, find a seat (sometimes difficult) devour the pancake, chat for a while, then wander back for another. We had to leave just after seven as Ann had to get to a P.C.C. meeting (Parochial Church Council, Lori, though you probably use the same abbreviation ??). As I think most of the P.C.C. were at the pancake party I don't know why they bothered to adjourn to the Deanery. And as I'm not expecting Ann home till about 10, and as I've got an early start tomorrow, I think I'm going to adjourn to me bed. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

I went to a 'do' like that once.

Carol won't take me again as I kept going back for more pancakes and after around 8 I think she started to get embarrassed.

I like pancakes!!!

No fair!!!!

DILLIGAF said...

Questions to Crowbard.

Have you a blog?

If not why not? (You are my pals kid bro so you must have interesting things to blog about)

If you have...may I be invited over?

Your older bro is a star so I suspect his younger bro is a good egg too.

Sadly fewer good eggs these days...or perhaps I'm just getting old.

It would be nice to chat old bean - if you've a blog to chat on of course.

(I won't be offended either way. I'm from Oldham so I'm so laid back - according to wifey - I'm virtually horizontal)

If you haven't a blog...consider it?

Anyroad.

Knackered.

Past my Part I Driving Instructor on Friday.

Started the Part II Practical today.

I had no idea what a bad driver I was sober!!!...;-)

Nite peeps

Lori Skoog said...

I love it when you talk to me! Glad you realize that I need an interpreter.

Unknown said...

Hi 4Ds. As we were limited by time (ann had to be at her P.C.C. meeting by seven), our intake was limited to two pancakes apiece (all we needed, anyway). But Ann tells me that during the meeting discussion turned to an aquaintance of ours who put away EIGHT pancakes during the evening. A motion of censure wasn't actually passed on him, but it was a close run thing, and it was generally felt that he was pushing things rather.

Thanks Lori. I will try and remember.
Cheers, both.

Nea said...

Ha ha, we eat pancakes at least once a fortnight here and eight's easy, ten's good, twelve's enough and fifteen is greedy.

Maybe our pancakes are smaller than yours.