Monday 11 January 2010

Monday 1.

 


Friends Rodney and Ann had a light lunch with us today. They live a couple of miles from us in the next village. We gave them a starter of a small camembert cheese baked with cranberries, a main course of a kedgeree made with smoked haddock and cod; and a bottle of a white Bergundy, a Montagny with which I was not familiar (having been given it) but Rodney, who knows wines, being a retired vintner, had a look at the bottle before I opened it, and pronounced it to be a good one, which indeed it proved to be.
Above photo is of our dining table part laid for lunch.
See next blog for puddings, etc.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Thanks for sharing your meals with me! I make a pretty nasty rice pudding that your friend might like.... Glad to read the Ruth and the kids got home ok.

DILLIGAF said...

Now that's what I call a dinig table!

Right.

No mail addy so I have to go public.

Thank you ever so much for worrying about a daft old bugger like me.

I'm delighted to say Carol and Jacqui were 'sneaking' my voddy without me knowing - I must admit I thought 'How the hell???'

I intend to slow down a bit.

I'd rather like to be a grandad one day eh?...;-)

Thank you old bean.

Next time you are in town the first is on me!