Thursday 10 December 2009

Thursday.

 


Did my usual weekly couple of hours manning the Church office this morning, and as things were fairly quiet took a few pictures of the church interior. The above photo shows our 'Father William' organ, which was built for a large private house in Colchester in 1687, and purchased for our church in 1738, and has been there ever since. It's been repaired and restored a good many times, and I would think that only the case and larger pipes are now probably all that's left of the original organ. It can still let rip, though. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

Now that is an organ!!...;-)

soz....had a few....

Actually I am Godfather to a Traffic Cops son. He plays organ at his local Church and he is brilliant.

er...don't tell anyone I know these things...ruin me street cred...;-)

Lori Skoog said...

1738! It is positively beautiful.