Sunday 13 December 2009

Sunday.

 


This photograph of mother-in-law, alias Great Gran, was taken a few weeks ago at Naomi's wedding. The photographer then gave me a copy, saying "What an elegant Edwardian lady". The following conversation took place a few minutes afterwards, when the photographer was out of hearing:-
Great Gran - "Michael, did you hear that? She called me Edwardian. I'm not that old, surely? Edwardian, indeed!"
Me - "Er... Gran?"
Great Gran - "Yes, Dear?"
Me - "What monarch was on the throne when you were born, Gran ?"
Great Gran - "Edward the seventh....... OH!"
End of conversation. Subject changed.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

How sweet it is!

Crowbard said...

Please convey my deepest respects and highest admiration to Dorothy (if I may so address her with such familiarity {I believe she is technically my mother-in-law-in-law, or is it rather mother-in-law once removed?}The later sounds quite too undignified so I will adhere to the informal but well intended mode of address), while she has indeed all the style and elegance of Teddy's era she radiates the brightness and gaiety of the 1920s and 30s - quite the Georgian-V young thing in such a lovely hat!

DILLIGAF said...

hahahaha!! Edwardian indeed!

What a lovely lady!