Friday 18 December 2009

Friday 3.

 


Your blogger outside the south porch of St. Mary's Church. During the past few weeks good coffee, hot croissants, etc., are served in the kitchen area of the church on Friday mornings, and it's fast becoming THE meeting place and coffee spot in town on Fridays. This morning we had a black coffee each (actually Ann eventually had two coffees), I had a croissant, and Ann a slice of stollen cake (a German version of Simnel cake). We met and chatted with a good many of our friends over the next hour. Very sociable it was, too. The new Dean's idea, and it's doing well. No set charge is made for the refreshments, people are simply asked to donate whatever they think is fair. I think most people probably donate rather more than they would give in a coffee shop, so the church does quite well out of it.
This afternoon I've been busy in the workshop making a minute hand for a longcase clock movement. The hour hand is still in situ, so I've matched the minute hand to it. Qite pleased with it. Just needs fitting to the clock now. More bloggery later perhaps.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DILLIGAF said...

I have a pic somewhere of Carol on the roof of St Peter & Pauls wearing a hard hat.

We....oops...street cred...she was quite heavily involved in renovating the roof.

I'll see if I can dig it out....