Monday 23 November 2009

Monday.

 


This morning Ann motored over to Wisbech to see her mother. She intends staying over tonight at her brother Tim's, and return tomorrow evening. I've been busy in the workshop all day doing odd jobs. One of them I intend photographing before returning it to its owner; partly because it's something I want to keep a record of, and partly because it's interesting enough to include in a blog. The photo above is Saturday evening's supper. I only remembered to photograph it after we'd started to eat. It is a kedgeree (rice, smoked salmon, haddock, cod, seasoning- a little curry powder), together with fennel (which always goes well with fish) and steamed spring onions. It's odd to think that our Victorian ancestors liked kedgeree as a breakfast dish. Now, it's a light supper dish. I think our ancestors had more rugged stomachs and heartier digestions than us, their descendants.
Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

I'd cheerfully eat that for supper or breakfast....mind you I am a bit old fashioned for my age...

According to Caz I'm 52 going on 182...ah well...you are what you are eh?

Mentally I feel 15....where'd me legs go?....;-)

Unknown said...

Ma-in-Law (who, as I've mentioned, is a hundred and one) says that she feels (inside) just the same as she did when she was eighteen. I find that reassuring. I sort of know what she means. I went to a school reunion a few years ago, and we all ended the evening feeling (and I'm afraid behaving) like a fairly unruly lot of juvenile, irresponsible, sixteen year olds. However, the following morning all the complaining, creaking, physical bits soon disabused me of that notiion.

still, it was nice while it lasted.
Cheers, Mike.