Sunday 4 October 2009

Sunday 6.

 


I thought you might like to see this. I bought it on our way home on Friday near Sarah's home. It is a pair cased silver verge watch, made by William Stevenson in Nottingham in 1826 (according to the name on the movement and the hallmarks on both cases). It is in working order. I regulated the movement, and cranked it up fully, just after lunch yesterday, and it has been keeping time to within a couple of minutes over the last twenty four hours. It is a stout and remarkably sound old gentleman !!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Morning Mike....saying "Uncle" means I am ready to quit. Driving Abbe has become a monumental process and because she is new at it and I am not experienced enough I wonder if I should continue. I'm too old for some of this and don't want to get hurt. Hope all is well over there. This afternoon I am going to make some squash (butternut) and pear soup. My debut.

Crowbard said...

Hi Lori,
Don't rush with the learning process for Abbe or for yourself, but don't rush to quit either. The only way past inexperience in yourself or your horse is to practice within both your abilities. There is no rush to damage yourself (or the rig) either.
Jude makes a pretty fair butternut squash, carrot and coriander soup, I think I'll mention pears to her, it sounds interesting. What variety of pear do you use, please?