Monday 19 October 2009

Monday.

 


Photo' of a corner of our garden with a few roses trying hard to carry on blooming. When I walk past them I find myself humming that old song :- "'Tis the last rose of summer left blooming alone.....". Ann motored over to Gran's late this afternoon. Couldn't go earlier as she had a committee meeting to attend. She'll stay over at her brother's, so she can spend all day tomorrow with Gran.
Been doing an interesting job this evening - making and engraving some replacement ivory inlays that are missing. I harvested some ivory keys from an otherwise derelict piano a good many years ago, and I'm still using them. I'll also need some thicker pieces of ivory, for which I'm hoping to cannibalise some old dominoes I've been hoarding. A good restorer never wastes anything. Must knock off now and get meself a bite of supper - then bed, I think. Goodnight All.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: