Thursday 16 July 2009

Thursday.

Matthew polishing some of the stock (brass). He and Ann went into Ipswich by 'bus this morning - he wanted to find presents to take back to his family when he goes home on Monday. While they were out, I spent the morning repairing and cleaning candlesticks, etc. When Matt saw this he said "Pa, I was going to help you do that this afternoon". I assured him there was plenty left to do, and he's now doing it. Making a decent fist of it, too. So much so that Ann is now getting out some of the household brassware for him to clean. That'll teach him not to be too keen. He's a good youngster and usually sees a job and does it before you tell him about it. More later perhaps.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crowbard said...

Hearty congratulations on your choice of grandchildren Mike. I think you must have some of the best in the country (which of course includes Scandinavia who provided us with some of our earliest tourists - even if they do see us as one of their offshore island resorts!)

Which reminds me: research on another line from the Brooks family has lead me back to some of the early Kings of Norway, Finland, Uppsala, Sweden and Denmark as long ago as to make them contemporaries of Our Lord. It will take me time to organize the raw data but I'll let you know when it's sorted.