Thursday 4 June 2009

Thursday.


More roses climbing over a neighbour's garden fence. This morning we went to vote in both local elections and E.U. elections. Outside the polling station (our local Church School) two men with blue rosettes accosted us and wanted to see our voting cards. "Are you Conservatives?" I asked them. "Yes". they said. "Well given what's been coming out about expenses claimed by politicians, I'd be ashamed to belong to any one of the three major parties" I replied. "So I think you should both be ashamed of yourselves". Neither of them had a word to say for themselves. Ann said afterwards that I shouldn't have made a personal verbal attack on them - they weren't M.P.s, and I sort of knew what she meant, but we've all been feeling rotten about the political scandal, and I think it's time we started letting the political types know what we think of them instead of grumbling about it among ourselves. I felt better for letting them know my opinion of them and their masters. SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On reflection I think that Mike was right .After all we have been hearing during the past few weeks it seems that all parties are tarred with the same brush. We need some good honest and true people to serve us not FLEECE US. Ann.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Great post. Who better to advocate for yourselves than yourselves.

Crowbard said...

I have always understood that to be political is to be corrupt, but I do have a slightly kindlier view of the Dribbling Lemoncraps Party.
I would prefer a non partisan system if we must have politicos in power.

halcyon said...

Went to a pub in Bedfordshire last weekend. On the door was a sign that said no more than 2 MPs allowed in the bar at the same time. The landlord explained 'if you have more than that there is too much pilfering'. I didn't vote. Could not bring myself to come down on any side.

Unknown said...

I like that story, Halcyon. If I were a publican I don't think I'd want ANY m.p.s on the premises, but I suppose you'd have to welcome anyone who was spending money, either their own or the general pulic's money.