Monday 16 March 2009

Monday.

Glimpse of the back of the Guildhall, seen through hedge. We don't know when it was built, but an 'expert on local history' told me that it is known to have been there in 1386.
Ann went across to Gran's today, took her out to lunch, and is spending the night at Tim and Sue's before returning tomorrow. She dropped me off in town this morning, I did odd bits of shopping and then walked home. Lip reading class this afternoon. Picked up prescription (spot of gout again!!!) at chemist's on the way home, and have been pottering about workshop ever since. Liz 'phoned earlier, had long natter. Just had supper, and am about ready to retire. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Nea said...

Sleep tight Pa. Heard that blck cherries are very good for fighting gout. I guess it's the vitamin C what does it.

WV=pugling :) that would be me or my children...puglings

Nea said...

This one's nearly as good...
WV= hipbong
When two people thrust their hips sideways into each other?

Lori Skoog said...

Mike and Ann...thank you so much for your comments. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the music. I must add you to my links.

Crowbard said...

You wont believe this Nea but my v-word is 'press' - less resounding than a hipbong but equally gratifying I should think?

Drink more port Mike, if you must have gout try to enjoy it!

PS. what wonderful puglings and grand-puglings you have!
I always thought pugling was the childhood pass-time of splashing about in puggles!

Crowbard said...

Oh-no! This computer is being provocative - the next v-word is 'utease'. - how right it is - I was only teasing.

Unknown said...

A pug is a boxer (abreviation of pugilist); therefore a pugling is a small boxer or a boxer pup. Perhaps the proper term is a puppugling ?????????

Crowbard said...

Pup-Pugling!


Im s-so s-sorry to s-see the st-stammer has r-returned!-!