Wednesday 14 January 2009

Wednesday again.

Finally manage to publish all three photoes ! Today has been a fairly long day. Got up at 6a.m. to go to matins. Ann took service. I read one lesson and the meditation. Followed by breakfast in Church. Home and finished a couple of jobs in workshop. Then drove to Chelsworth and took photoes. On to Bury St. Edmund's. Lunch in Cathedral Refectory. Good as usual. Roast pork followed by gooseberry and ginger crumble with custard. Then to hearing aid department of Bury Hospital. One of my hearing aids has been playing up. All done now and hearing again managable. EH? I SAID MANAGABLE !!!!!!!!! then home via Lavenham, where we ran out of bright sunshine into thick fog. We could see the edge of it from a mile away. Being called to supper so will knock off now. More later perhaps, but if not - Goodnight all.

10 comments:

Crowbard said...

Is that Berry St Edmund's? as in Goose Bury?
You've decidedly trumped my hatstack howler - RE-spect Sir!

Lovely County you inhabit, full of history and architecture (and old much loved curiosities).

Unknown said...

Gooseberry. Gooseberry. Gooseberry...... I know I should write it out a hundred times, but I have amended it on the blog, so will you accept three times as the amende honourable ? (The last two words are Frog and mean something, I think.)
Cheers, Mike.

Unknown said...

P.S. And why do you refer to we inhabitants of Suffolk as old curiosities ??????

Crowbard said...

I had hoped you would not see through my veiled reference but in answer to your enquiry I do so refer because you are kindly & considerately disposed towards your fellows and in the main optimistic towards Providence; a great curiosity in many parts of modern society. As stated you are not simply old curiosities but much loved for it.

Unknown said...

Thank you.

Nea said...

Only commenting so that I can put in the password below which is

foolyth

Not in the least appropriate of course, but still amusing.

Unknown said...

Hi Nea. I think you mean :- not in the leatht appropriate, but amuthing, don't you ?

Unknown said...

P.s. Reminds me of Violet Elizabeth Bott, a young lady with a sickeningly thweet lithp, and a will of iron. (And also - to quote the description by another author of one of his heroines:-'a whim of iron'.

Crowbard said...

T'other feller wouldn't be P G Wodehouse perchance? Sounds like a description of one of Bertie's Aunts or one of Bingo Little's flurry of fiances.

Unknown said...

It was indeed P.G.Woodhouse. I think the phrase is used of one of Bertie Woosters many (but usually unwelcome and fairly temporary fiances- thanks to Jeeves' machinations). Probably Honoria Glossop. Well spotted.
Mike.