Sunday 18 January 2009

Sunday.

View along a mainly medieval nearby street.
Finished yesterday's Telegraph prize crossword at breakfast. Then to Church, self in choir, Ann serving. Sandwich and salad lunch, followed by doze I'm afraid. Since then I've been sorting out the strike train on a 30 hour clock movement - think it's sorted now- time will tell (if you see what I mean). Then repairing pair of side ejector brass candlesticks -late 18th century sheetbrass types - learned something I didn't previously know about the way they are put together. Been a nice quiet day of rest. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nea said...

I read "strike train" and instantly connected it to your post about the troublesome train trip...it took a few seconds, but I'm with you now...I think.

Unknown said...

No, Dear. Long case clock with fore and aft trains. Front train is the going train and is the 'time keeping' part of the clock (the ticky bit to be technical), whereas the back (or aft) train is the strike train (or dongy bit, although in this case it's more the dingy bit, as the bell is quite high pitched) of the clock. Is all now clear? The fault is mine. I should have bought you all up to be more horologically knowledgeable. Much love, your apologetic Pa.

Unknown said...

Or should that be 'apopletic Pa?'