Monday 22 December 2008

Still Tuesday.


Photo of handsome Tudor (or possible just pre Tudor) house in Brent Eleigh.
This morning Ann motored over to Wisbech to fetch Gran for Christmas. Went into town at about midday to post letters, etc. Had a horrid feeling ever since that there was something else I was meant to do whilst in town..... but details elude me. Annoying. In town something rather pleasant happened. Stood outside flower shop rather shocked at price of flowers, presumably because it's Christmas week. Eventually decided I really aught to buy Ann some and went in. Lady who serves behind counter looked up and said "Oh, it's my gentleman. I'm ever so glad to see you." I always get on well with our flower shop ladies, but this seemed a distinctly warmer welcome than usual, so I said "That's nice. Why?" and she replied "Well the last time you were in here I overcharged you by ten pounds. You asked if I could change a twenty because you didn't have anything smaller, and I only gave you change for a ten". She then dug an envelope with a tenner in it out from under the counter and gave me it. Well, that meant I could then buy Ann a potted cyclamen and also a bunch of freezias for Gran's bedroom (she loves them). This came to ten guineas, but the shop lady said that the ten pound note would do nicely. Obviously I thanked her profusely, which pleased her, and the whole transaction cheered me no end.

After a cheese sandwich for a late lunch I am sorry to record that I sat and dozed in my chair for and hour or so. So must get on with some work now. More later perhaps.

Mike.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nea said...

It's nice to know that even florists are an honest bunch :)