Sunday 16 November 2008

Sunday.

Photograph of Thorpe Moreuxe Church taken a few days ago. It nestles in a small valley, with a couple of farm houses nearby and a pub about half a mile up the road, and nothing much else; but with a name like Thorpe Moreuxe, and with such a handsome church there, it must surely once have been an important place??
Usual pleasant weekend. Three excellent games of scrabble yesterday (nine of us present so three tables of three). At my table one game ended with scores of 204, 202, and 199 - the last being my score, but a really well fought game, with only 5 points top to bottom. Church this morning with Ann serving and self in choir. This afternoon in workshop. Got on well, Quaker clock finally persuaded to behave (I hope). I didn't think Quakers were supposed to fight back (that was why the Puritans disliked them so much). Anyway, I think I'm finally winning. Aunt Mary's funeral tomorrow in Norfolk, which means I'm having to skip a lip reading class - I've already made my apologies. Nearly bedtime, so:- Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: