Tuesday 12 August 2008

Turesday.

The above buildings are all on a High Street near to us. The middle one (with the windows) looks even better at the back. Specially for a correspondent who likes the architecture in our area of Suffolk. Yesterday the two of us and Terry had a scrabble tea at Hilary's. Two good games (no fireworks though) that modesty prevents me telling you who won. Afterwards the three ladies went off to hear three talks in aid of a local charity. They were on :- medical tales, the Cottage Hospital, and Smallpox and the Pest House Charity. I'm afraid I didn't go. As a non medical male I don't think these are entertaining subjects and I feel a certain reticense about discussing them. It didn't bother any of the three ladies as they are all three retired medical types (Matron, Ward Sister, and G.P.), and therefore not in the least queasy about these things. They are all toughies in fact. Anyway my marital medical toughie has just called that there's a cup of tea on the go, so will close now. More later perhaps.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

FCTP said...

Mike --- thanks for including local photos in your posts they give an interesting insight that I appreciate.

I do have to chuckle a bit because the wife and I have friends up in Scotland and this fellow's grandmother lives in a house that is older than the United States. Our "antiques" wouldn't be classified as such in your homeland.

I'll be posting some shots of our town on my blog later today.

Have a great day... Chuck

Crowbard said...

Hi Chuck,
Mike probably won't mention it but one wall of his undercroft is distinctly Roman which suggests that his house was started between 1500 and 2000 years ago. I'm sure he'll be delighted when it's finished!

Unknown said...

Hi Chuck, yes, most of the main street in our town is medieval, although some of the houses now have 17th, 18th, or 19th century facades nailed on over the pre Tudor beams.
Hi Crowbards. Our house will be finished when it finally falls down, and no, I won't be pleased about that, 'cause we quite like the old place. Cheers, Mike.