Wednesday 30 July 2008

Wednesday.

This morning I was down to read the lesson at early service (7.30 am). As we are now in an interregnum the Rural Dean came over to take the service (very sporting of him considering the early start). My reading was 28th chapter of 1 Samuel, about how Saul gets the witch of Endor to raise the spirit of Samuel to advise him, and rather wishes he hadn't, I should think, as the advice isn't at all encouraging. The spirit of Samuel ends by telling Saul that he and his sons will be joining Samuel during the course of the day. Good solid Old Testament stuff. At breakfast the Rural Dean mentioned Saxstead Church. We know Saxstead (Ann's Aunt Mary lived there for some years) but neither of us could remember the church. The R.D. said it was a lovely little church and told us how to find it. As we planned to go to Framlingham this afternoon, we made a slight detour and went and had a look at it, see picture above. It's a nice little church, but all the bench ends bar two have suffered the attentions of either Henry VIII's mob or Cromwell's. Probably the latter. It's still a lovely, peaceful, little church. Got some brass I want to clean before bedtime (which it nearly is) so must knock off now. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nea said...

I spick from Sveeden. Vi is wery able at DISS game. Vi av got eet. Vi is gussing DIS SHOVELLED. Dis wood B wery nasty 4 U.

Tak U wery mucky.
Gorges, Rutty, Lacey and Aminimia
beeg kees llily whoog lillie kees agin
Xox

Unknown said...

See comment on Tuesday 29th July (this year). You have very cleverly put this same comment on two consecutive days. I wish I could do that, but on the other hand it is a waste of ink. But it makes my blog look busier than it is, specially when I answer both of them. Love Pa.

Nea said...

Just copy and paste
(Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v)

And please look very closely at our answer because we have got it, we just didn't want to give the game away. We know the sharp tool isn't a shovell, we were just being silly. But the correct tool Is in our answer, we just chopped the word up a bit.

The second from last line was very silly, so we added the last line as a translation.

Unknown said...

Daughter, I beg your pardon. You were being magnificently machiavellian, and it went right over my head. You are of course perfectly correct. I take it this was a joint effort with my granddaughters ? I am lost in admiration of your perspicacity. Much love, Pa.