Thursday 31 July 2008

Thursday.

Photo of Ann (and steed) taken earlier this year when we were cycling round nearby villages. Stayed in and worked in workshop today as Co-op was delivering new beds, which they did early this morning. That was the easy bit. The real difficulty is getting the Council to pick up the old ones. They will do so on payment of £20. The beds have to be left outside, as they cannot (apparently) be expected to knock on our door, or enter a house. They also cannot be expected to give a time of arrival, or guarantee a day - or anything. Payment has to be in advance. Given the extremely high rates we pay, it seems that we cannot expect anything much in return - certainly not helpfulness over the 'phone. I suppose we get the government and local government we deserve !!!!!!!!!! Oh well - I feel slightly better for a winge. I think I might feel really better if we got together and did something about it - I think that was called democracy - remember that? Quaint, old fashioned, idea, wasn't it. Goodnight all. Ann has just read this over my shoulder and says that I am a grumpy old man tonight. She is right, but if it's only tonight I suppose that's not too bad. Mustn't grumble. Goodnight.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nea said...

You are both very brave! I'm not sure I'd want to ride those narrow lanes with the traffic the way it is.

Unknown said...

And especially on the wrong side of them, if you notice. No doubt Granny was practising for our forthcoming trip to Scandinavia.
Cheers, Pa.