Thursday 24 July 2008

Thursday.

Snapshot of corner of the garden.
On Tuesday we went to London by train. Delivered crossbow I've been making for grandson Matt's 15th birthday. I was pleased with it. So was he. Tuesday afternoon went to Bonham's to view arms and armour sale. One or two quite nice pieces. Bit disappointing. Stayed over at youngest daughter's. Wednesday afternoon Ann and I took Matt and Beth to V. and A. At about 3p.m Matt and I walked round to Bonham's. Price's were incredibly high. For the first time in a good many years (at a major sale room) didn't buy anything. Bit worrying. Back to liz's by 'bus. Matt cooked a very decent curry, and home by train (about 2230 hours). Feeling a bit drained this morning. The effect of two days in London, I suppose. Going to knock off for lunch now. More later perhaps.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ed Clayton said...

Good job you didn't get stopped by the metropolitan police with a cross-bow - that would've been interesting! Now, is that the infamous "my corner"? I never expected it to be in the garden... Where are all the wounderful treasures?!

Unknown said...

Hello Ed. It was only a fairly small crossbow, of large pistol size. Still, it was potentially....No, we won't go into that. No, that one isn't the infamous 'my corner'. I'M the infamous Mike Horner, thankyou.