Thursday 22 May 2008

Thursday.

 

Yesterday I went to London. By train. I don't want to dwell too long on the shortcomings of English public transport, so suffice it to say that every train I travelled on yesterday (including London underground- Circle Line) was badly delayed. Other than that, a very pleasant and successful day out. Met Lizzie for lunch. Got on 9.18 am at Manningtree, and met Lizzxie in South Kensington at mid day. Lunched at small Italian restaurant in the Old Brompton Road we've tried before. They do a three course lunch for £12 a head - it's gone up a bit since last time,but it was a very good lunch. Then to sale at Christie's. Got the three lots I wanted - all reasonably and one for a good deal less than I'd have been prepared to pay. As I was travelling on a senior citizen's railcard which cannot be used between 4.30 and 6.30 took a taxi to Lizzie's and had supper with then. Then took a mini cab to Liverpool street. As one of the lots I'd purchased was rather heavy Georgia and Matthew came with me - they carried the heavy stuff, accompanied me to the Manningtree train and loaded the goodies into the luggage rack. They told me they were going to return home by tube. Of course I slipped them some dosh in case of unforeseen expences en route. They really are good and deserving grandchildren and excellent company. Ann met me with the car at Manningtree. Train was an hour and a half late in. Thank goodness for mobile 'phones. Today I've been getting the goodies ready for a fair at the weekend. Tomorrow is going to be a heavy day I fear, so we're going to grab what's left of an early night now. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: