Saturday 17 May 2008

 

 

 

 

Same 'oss. Longhorn cow and calf. Line up of horse drawn driving equipages. The same traps, pony chaises and dog carts are shown by the same people year after year. Try enlarging this one as the drivers are as well turned out as the vehicles and the horses, and show quite as much character. It has become almost a tradition that it rains on the day of the show, and this morning a steady downpour of fine rain started at about 8.30 am and looked set for the day. At about eleven we decided we were going anyway and donned wellies, waterproofs and hats and set out. The rain gradually slackened off and finally ceased at about 12.30 pm. In the meantime we had splodged round, met many of our local friends (similarly attired) and purchased some garden plants, various foodstuffs (mostly sampled first), and a moleskin waistcoat for me, and a pair of moleskin trousers for Ann - the clothing to be delivered later when made up. Moleskin wears better than any material I know. When we decided to treat ourselves I said to Ann that we must choose carefully as we would be wearing them for a long time. I am wearing my second pair of molesking trousers ever, and the only reason I'm not still wearing my first pair (purchased about forty years ago) is that they seem to have shrunk a bit over the years. Ann has just called that supper is nearly ready - as we bought half a game pie at the show, I'm hoping it will now put in an appearance. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: