Tuesday 22 January 2008

Still Tuesday.

This is another snap of the Church Tower I took the other day (last Friday I think it was). I took this one because on-or just below- the weathercock is perched a collared dove, and I thought they made a nice pair - the pigeon pair as we say in East Anglia. I think you'll have to enlarge the picture to see them though. Our friend Helga called this afternoon. She and Ann went for a walk round the shops, and came back with cream cakes for tea. Ann had made fishcakes for supper and very nice they were too. Since then I've been doing some preliminary work on a flintlock musket that needs tidying up. Now must knock off and tidy myself up. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nea said...

I see both birds. Nice photographic composition. Has the tower been taller at some stage?

Unknown said...

Thank you. I don't know the answer to your question but will try and find out. I always think it's a nice sturdy looking tower, but it looks more like a castle tower (defensive) than a church tower -homely as you say in your other comment. I've just had a look at the other photo, and if the tower were taller then the nave would look even shorter than it is. It always reminds me of a church in one of those net bags of wooden toy villages that could be bought when you were a child. Much love< Pa.