Monday 2 July 2007

Next Monday, or Monday, 2nd July, 2007.

Went to London today to pick up the one item I'd purchased in last Tuesday's auction. Went down by Car. Ours to Lizzie's in just under two hours. Lizzie has Irish friend, Catherine staying with her. Hadn't seen her for over twenty years since she spent a weekend with us at Welney House. She really hadn't changed much, and she was kind enough to say that neither had we !!! In fact we all perjured ourselve's thoroughly on each other's behalf. We took them out to lunch ( as we thought) at a nearby Greek restaurant. I had a kleftico which turned out to be a lamb shank, rich and delicious and some red wine which complemented it perfectly ; only when I went to pay the bill, I was told that Catherine had already done so. She was quite adamant about the matter, so I thanked her kindly and accepted this departure from tradition. In fact, thinking about it I find I quite like some of the modern ways of life (like the senior bloke of the party being 'tret' occasionally). Lizzie then ran us round to Olympia, and I payed for my item, picked it up, then negotiated for one of the unsold items, and purchased that too. Took a taxi back to Lizzie's, and drove home. Took much longer than going, owing to delays on the M25. Going to bed now. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Crowbard said...

Oh you tease... you whinge about Pooh's minimalistic approach to commentary, then you go and drop subtle and obscure hints about purchased 'items', whetting our curiosity about said goodies with never a hope of ever finding out what they may have been. Please, please, PRETTY PLEASE, wodjaget hey, hey wodjaget????
Can't have been the crown joolz, I just bought them off a spiv. I knew he was a bit dodgy 'cos he didn't ask for any ration coupons.